Monday 5 April 2010

Response: Prostitution

On Yasmin's blog, she talks about prostitution and how sex is naturally for pleasure and happiness. I agree with this as I think sex should happen with someone you love and not with someone you don't even know. Yasmin suggests a scenario:

A man gives a prostitute woman money she provides sex for the man, hes happy woman happy. Or is it deeper than this? Is the woman truly happy about selling herself? Would she prefer another root to make money?

In response to this, I think that it is deeper than this. I don't necessarily think that the woman enjoys being a prostitute. I think that she is most probably only selling herself to get money, whether it's for drugs or even to help her family but it's probably the easiest and most successful for them to get the money that they need, fast. I reckon that if she had the choice, she could and would prefer another root to make money because prostitution is a dangerous area to get involved in. She may enjoy being a prostitute because it keeps her company and occupied however at the back of her mind, I still think that she wishes that she was doing something else and that she could get out of the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment