Thursday 8 April 2010

It's not our fault we drink so much!


I think alcohol is a good topic for discussion - there is so much to talk about! So here we go...
Well, being a student and all, we have a massive reputation for getting drunk every night and not making it to lectures but this isn't necessarily true. Well, for me it isn't ha. I do go out quite a lot and drunk a lot but i somehow make it to by lectures even if it kills me. I would say that since I've been to university, I've drank so much more than I usually would at home. Reasons being:
- Just about everyone here does it, so you feel obliged to do it too - it seems like the norm.
- The drinks are so much cheaper then they are at home.
- It's a social thing to do.
- You can have a real good laugh.

All those reasons are mainly why I drink. I have had such a good laugh with my friends when I go out, mainly because we act like idiots. However, the next day you get embarrassed because you either can't remember what you did the night before or you do remember and what you did was cringe worthy. That's happened many a times to me. But writing this and the reasons for why I drink, it's making me think why do I actually get drunk? I spend money on alcohol which sometimes leads to me not even remembering the night, why would you do that? ha. I would love to find out how much I have spent on alcohol over this year - I think it would be a horrific amount!
However, I would say that I don't drink no way near as much alcohol as some people I know. They drink everyday whilst just watching t.v or whatever. I don't see the point in that, I'd much rather just have a glass of water or juice. But saying this, I think that's probably a lot better to do that than do what I do... I binge drink! Probably the worst things you could do. I think that if i'm going to spent that little bit more money on alcohol then I might as well just get absolutely drunk. I don't see the point in drinking if you're not going to get drunk. Silly, I know. But a lot of people I know, think and do the same.

"With many of those studying at university taking advantage of the cheap promotions, coupled with the fact that they are unlikely to have early morning commitments, it is hardly surprising that many find their weekly consumption exceeding the recommended 21 units." http://www.therundown.co.uk/news/living/1108380993/

This is so true and is why students do it - It's not our fault!!

No comments:

Post a Comment